A server with strong bandwidth is vital to deal with vast online traffic. Small businesses are unable to afford establishing an in-house server. The only way to deal with demands of staying available online is to hire server colocation facility.
Server colocation facility – An overview
Colocation facility is a kind of data center that leases bandwidth and equipment space. Businesses with a need of network services can obtain it at a reasonable charge. This physical structure is located close to major power hubs, so as to tap available connectivity easily.
There are two business set up options provided at collocation facilities.
- Business can create its own server machine in accordance to their needs and install it at the collocation facility
- Business can just rent a server from the facility
Any option you choose, the collocation facility will offer power, IP address, and bandwidth for your business server to operate.
Benefits of using colocation facility
Safety and security – The building exterior and interior is very secure. In terms of safety, the collocation facility offers their customers –
- Lockable cages and cabinets that surround server racks
- Video surveillance
- Access based on identification
- Real time CCTV monitoring via security guards
- High tech centers use voice recognition or fingerprint software for access into the facility
- Sprinkler system or smoke detectors
Power and data back-ups – Back-up strategies ensure the safety of business data.
- Power back-ups include diesel and battery-operated generators, which activate during power outages
- Redundant systems are established to create and store an array of data backups on the server
- Full time technical engineers are helpful in case of possible connectivity or power issues
Proper cooling systems – Servers and computers generate a lot of heat. At collocation facility there are large numbers of servers housed under a single roof. They tend to create vast amount of heat. This is the reason that colocation facilities are equipped with potent AC systems. This helps to maintain a moisture-free and cool air inside the building.
Saves funds – Economic advantages of renting collocation space and bandwidth is significant. A compact and safe data center at colocation facility can obviously improve business productivity without any concern about losing revenue, during technical issues or power cuts.
Investment in establishing your own server in Canada, and maintaining its operation and ongoing expenses using IT professionals, cannot be feasible for small businesses. However, hiring server colocation Canada facility can save you from all such hassles.
Joseph Lodge has written this article. They provide highly secure server colocation Canada services, to help their clients in managing their business servers in a centralised manner. To learn more about how the server colocation can be the best solution for your business, please visit their website.